Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pint Sized Eventers, who said bigger was better?

I thought I'd make a blog post featuring diminuative eventers.  While I doubt that I'll ever reach the upper levels (and don't have a problem with it!) I love small horses and I love watching them do big horse things. 

Here is a 14.3 hand New Forest Pony going Prelim.  This pony flunked out of a dressage barn due to her bad attitude and ended up taking her new owner who had never evented before from BN to Training in just 2 years.  Owner handed over the reins to her trainer who moved her up to Prelim and is now looking at a CCI* in a short while.  Super pony indeed!

Here is a Connemara pony stallion called Wil Ya Love Me doing Advanced


 
 
Here is a mare named Little Tiger doing a **** at the age of 15! 
 
Last but not least, the unforgettable pony Theodore O Connor, ridden by Karen at Rolex in 2008
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I had the joy of seeing Willy at Jersey Fresh a couple years ago. He was AWESOME and the crowd went wild when he went by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That first pony has a MASSIVE stride. Beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Stella gets her XC groove

I feel like I've made significant progress this summer going schooling, including a second trip to our local horse park in which I jumpe...