Sunday, March 15, 2015

Soft Trotting Bit

Yesterday I was in a tack store (duhhh) and I found this bit, called a soft trotting bit.  It is made of soft foam and probably has a rope or something in the middle.  Looked awkward to fit in the horse's mouth, and like it would have ZERO stop to it.

Has anyone seen anything like this in use?  I assume it's used for harness racing.


  1. what the heck? I've never seen anything like that. It's huge!

  2. That looks funky!! I've never seen anywhere around here.

  3. I actually saw one of these in our carriage house while I was digging out Bobby's driving stuff today. I assume it's a driving bit, but no idea why you would use it over anything else. I'll have to ask my BO!


All the showjumpers

Continuing from my last post, I decided to expand my range of trainers and use multiple trainers to help me with multiple things.  While th...